100 Vegan Quotes
"To examine whether something is humane, first determine if you would want it done to you." -Andrea Kladar.
100 (+) INSPIRATIONAL VEGAN QUOTES
1. "I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls, and they always say that it's because it's such a beautiful animal. You know, I think that my mother is beautiful, but I choose to have photographs of her on my wall."
- Ellen DeGeneres
2. "Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances of survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
- Albert Einstein
3. "To get mud off your hands, use soap and water. To get blood off your hands, go vegan."
- John Sakars
4 "Now I can look at you in peace. I don't eat you anymore."
- Franz Kafka (While admiring a fish.)
5. "The best way to protect the oceans is not to eat those living in it."
- Lauren Ornelas
6. "Anything that you wouldn't want done to your companion animal, is not humane."
- Earthling Ed
7. "If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be vegetarian."
- Linda and Paul McCartney
8. "Unlike slaughterhouses, greenhouses actually do have glass walls."
9. "Last year over a million people left the same suicide note... SHOPPING LIST: Milk, Eggs, Butter, Cheese, Bacon."
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
10. "Meat comes from animals who HAVE been killed". Milk and eggs come from animals who WILL be killed. The only difference is time, so if you want to help stop animal cruelty, avoid meat AND dairy and eggs.
11. "Animal factories are one more sign of the extent to which our technological capacities have advanced faster than our ethics."
- Peter Singer
12. "Cows don't produce milk because they are cows. They produce milk because they are mothers. And the human body has no more need for cow milk than it does for horse milk, gorilla milk, or giraffe milk."
- Dr Michael Klaper
13. "Animals give me more pleasure through the view-finder of a camera than they ever did in the cross-hairs of a gun. And after I've finished "shooting" them, they are still around for others to enjoy."
- Jimmy Stewart
14. "Veganism isn't about being perfect, it's about doing the least harm and the most good"
15. "Most people eat meat because most people eat meat."
16. "Once you come to terms with why you don't eat cats, dogs, and horses, you will begin to understand why I don't eat chickens, pigs, and cows."
- Edward Sanchez
17. "Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar."
- Bradley Millar
18. "The belief that some lives matter less than others, is the root of all that is wrong in the world."
- Dr. Paul Farmer
19. "Sometimes people will say things like, "I would go vegan, but I could never give up cheese". So I tell them, "Then go vegan except for cheese!"
- Jack Norris, RD
20. "Ask the scientists who test on animals why they do it and their answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask them why it is morally OK to experiment on animals, and their answer is: "Because the animals are not like us."
- Professor Charles R.Magel
21. "It smells like something died over in the meat department."
- A customer complaint at a grocery store
22. "If you don't like pictures of animal cruelty being posted on social media, you need to help stop the cruelty, not the pictures. You should be bothered that it's happening, not that you saw it."
- Marie Sarantakis
23. "Believe it or not, over 100 million sharks die at the hands of humans each year, while only 25 people a year die from shark attacks."
- E Magazine
24. "Shark infested waters"? You mean their home?"
25. "Why does "Sea World" have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish sandwich and I just realized, "Oh my God, I could be eating a slow learner!"
- Lynda Montgomery
26. "When you go vegan you give nothing up. You simply stop taking that which was never yours to begin with."
- Jamison Scala
27. "Imagine if you discovered that your employer was planning to kill you as soon as you reached retirement age, so that they wouldn't have to pay your retirement checks. Would learning that they planned on killing you "humanely" make it OK with you?"
- Wendy Davison
28. "If you think that being hung upside down and having your throat cut while you are still alive and bleeding to death is a "humane" way to die, make sure to let your family and friends know that's how you'd like to go."
- Animal Rights Activist "Victoria"
29. "Life is too short to make others shorter."
30. "When people say, "You should care about humans as much as you do about animals!" I'm like, "Well, I do, I don't eat humans either."
31. "Eating meat and drinking milk for protein, is like breathing cigarette smoke for oxygen."
32. "I was so moved by the intelligence, sense of fun, and personalities of the animals who I worked with on the set of the movie "Babe" that by the end of the film I was a vegetarian."
- James Cromwell
33. "When I was poor and living in a garage in Kansas, I began to draw the mice who scampered over my desk, and that is how "Mickey Mouse" was born."
- Walt Disney
34. "Be kind to every kind."
- Henry Spira
35. "Which is heavier? 200 pounds of bricks or 200 pounds of feathers? The answer is the feathers. Because if you try to carry 200 pounds of feathers, you will also have to carry the weight of what you did to those poor birds."
36. "We are quite literally gambling with the future of our planet for the sake of hamburgers."
- Pete Singer
37. "I could never go vegan."
- Almost every vegan at some point before they became vegan.
38. "My only regret about going vegan is that I didn't do it sooner."
- Almost every vegan at some point after they became vegan.
39. "People are more afraid of terrorists than they are of bacon, and I want to tell them, "You do realize which one is more likely to kill you right?"
40. "Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way."
- Martin Luther King Jr
41. "We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly, that if the animals were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human-form."
- Rev. William Ralph Inge
42. "If you want to stop animal abuse, the most powerful petition that you can sign is the one that says... "I'm Vegan"
43. "Being vegan is so hard! Today I had to choose between 20 different vegan ice cream flavors at the supermarket and I almost froze to death!"
44. "Animals go into the slaughterhouse alive and come out chopped into pieces, and we want to believe that something "humane" happens along the way."
- Larry Fisher
45. "I stopped eating meat because I saw a video of slaughterhouse animals being freed and rescued, and it suddenly hit me that they were being rescued from me!"
46. "Animal rights has never been about equal rights. A chicken does not need the right to vote, but perhaps should have the right to spread her wings, which is a right that is not applicable to humans."
- Gary Loewenthal
47. "A non-vegan will brake to avoid hitting a dog, call the fire department to save a cat, demand the firing of someone who kills rhinos, and boycott an entire country for their treatment of dolphins, but god forbid you ask them to try a different type of milk to save baby cows.
- Kevin Veegan
48. "Needless to say, jamming deformed, drugged, and over-stressed birds together in a filthy waste-covered cage is not very healthy."
- Jonathan Safran Foer
49. "Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
- Arthur Schopenhauer
50. "Don't believe the cartoon drawing of a happy smiling cow on a milk carton If the dairy cow's life was put into a book, it would be a horror novel!"
- Evolve Campaigns
51. "If we really want truth in advertising, only vegan products should be allowed to use pictures of smiling and happy animals."
- Unknown, in response to attempts from the dairy industry to make it illegal for plant-based milks such as "almond milk" to have the word "milk" on the label.
52. "To get a feel for fur, simply slam your fingers in a car door and you will experience a small fraction of the pain that fur-bearing animals feel when they get caught in the sharp metal fur traps."
- Eckhoff, Vickery
53. "Fur coats used to turn heads, now they turn stomachs."
- Rue McClanahan
54. "Natural meat eaters eat the eyes, the bones, and the blood of their prey, and we complain if there's a hair in our food???"
55. "Those who wish to have exotic animals as pets "love" them, but those who allow them to live in the wild where they belong love them far more."
- Edwin Way Teale
56. "Everyone with a pet dog thinks that they have the best dog. And none of them are wrong."
- W.R. Purche
57. "Cruelty to animals is one of the top 3 warning signs that a child will grow up to be a serial killer."
- John Douglas
58. "Every animal, every plant, and every insect is in some way contributing to the ecological well-being of the plant. But we humans (who claim to be the most intelligent species of all) are the only species not doing that."
59. "The human body has absolutely no requirement for animal flesh. Nobody has ever been found face-down 20 yards from "Burger King" because they couldn't get their Whopper in time."
- Dr. Michael Klaper.
60. "McDonald's has been getting criticized for the way they treat their cows. What they do is they fatten them up, and then they kill them. You know, the same thing that they do to their customers."
- Jay Leno
61. "People often say that humans have always killed and eaten animals, as if this is justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic, we should not try to prevent people from murdering other people, since this has also been done since the earliest of recorded times."
- Isaac Bashevis Singer
62. "Some say that being vegan is "extreme", but when I try to watch a video on how non-vegan food is produced, I get "WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT" warnings."
63. "I really don't want to look at dead animal parts while I'm eating."
- Woody Harrelson
64. "If slaughter was really "humane" it would be the farmers sharing footage of it, not the animal rights activists."
- Gus Duffy
65. "If 3 times a day someone is funding an industry which slaughters over 100 billion animals a year, then in what sense are they an "Animal Lover"?"
66. "We do not need to eat animals, wear animals, or use animals for entertainment purposes, and our only defense of these uses is our pleasure, amusement, and convenience."
- Gary L. Francione
67. "People don't want to think about the fact that there's a victim involved when they eat meat, so they try to make themselves out to be the victim, by saying that if they stopped eating meat, they could never eat bacon again."
68. "What if aliens don't visit us because we've made it abundantly clear that we are hostile to other species?"
69. "I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes left off eating each other as they became more civilized."
- Henry David Thoreau
70. "There is as much educational benefit in studying dolphins and whales in captivity, as there is in studying humans by observing prisoners in solitary confinement."
- Jacques Cousteau
71. "People eat meat and think that it will make them as strong as an ox, forgetting that the ox eats grass."
- Pino Caruso
72. "After you have witnessed what goes on in slaughterhouses you can no longer look at a piece of steak and simply think "yum"."
- Mango Wodzak
73. "Please don't refuse with your eyes what the animals endure with their bodies."
-Shaun Monson while talking about the difficulty of watching the horrific footage in his documentary "Earthlings".
74. "Animal lovin' ain't shovin' em in the oven."
75. "The meat industry has the highest rate of employee injury and illness in the manufacturing sector."
- Human Rights Watch.
76. "If you get uncomfortable or even upset by all the vegan stuff that I post on-line, it's not me, it's your conscious."
77. "There is no greater wrecking ball to the planet than the industries that turn animals into food. No single choice that we make will have a bigger or more positive impact than avoiding these industries."
- David Agranoff
78. "If you want to change the world, you first must be willing to change what you eat for breakfast"
79. "Someone asked me, "How's your rabbit food?" so I said, "Good, How's your vulture food?"
- Douglas Graham (Author of "The 80/10/10 Diet")
80. "Anything you can do, I can do vegan."
- Vegan chefs around the world
81. "We don't live like our ancestors did, so why should we base our diet and ethics on how they may or may not have lived? Let's evolve into a more peaceful, compassionate species."
- Mango Wodzak
82. "The question is not, can they reason? nor, can they talk? but, can they suffer?"
- Jeremy Bentham
83. "It often happens that a man develops a deeper love and friendship with his pet cat or dog than he does with most of the other people in his life."
- Henry David Thoreau
84. "My body is a temple, not a tomb"
85. "As long as there are slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields."
- Leo Tolstoy
86. "When you feel the suffering of every living thing in your own heart, that is consciousness."
- Bhagavad Gita
87. "If humans killed each other at the same rate that we kill animals the human race would be extinct in only 17 days!"
88. "Apparently being a vegan raises your chances of someday being stranded on a deserted island with a cow and nothing else to eat by 1,000,000%."
89. "The wild and cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."
- Axel Munthe
90. "The time will come when men will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men."
- Leonardo Da Vinci
91. "There is nothing humane about bringing an animal into the world only to profit from their death."
92. "If you think that eating meat is a personal choice you are forgetting someone."
93. "The only thing we NEED from animals is forgiveness."
94. "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and we'll have a fishless ocean by 2050."
95. "World Peace begins on your plate."
- Mohandas Gandhi
96. "If you don't want to be imprisoned, tortured, and killed, you shouldn't condone it happening to anyone, be they human or not."
97. "Suffering is suffering, and a person with the capacity but not the inclination to cease suffering is morally incomplete."
- Mirko Bagaric
98. "Meat and dairy products are like one cent coins. They cost more to make than they are worth."
- Philip Wollen
99. "I don't feel superior because I'm a vegan. The truth is that I'm a vegan because I don't feel superior to others."
100 "If you can live a happy and healthy life without harming animals, then why wouldn't you?"
Never be the reason why another trembles in fear, cries in pain or loses their life. Always be the reason why others are protected, cared for and love.
Go Vegan. ~ Richard Deboo.
TAKING VS GIVING
Many of us grow up believing that cows give us milk, chickens give us eggs, sheep give us wool, and meat gives us protein that we need to sustain life. But the biggest misconception is that they “give” us anything: Humans take them, often at the animals’ expense.
In animal agriculture (on factory farms and smaller farms with humane farming claims), humans control how animals live—and how they die. Through selective breeding, farm animals grow much larger and faster than their ancestors. Their bodies are taxed beyond their natural limits, and they’re killed at fractions of their lifespans—then replaced with younger animals to continue the cycle.
On National Animal Rights Day—and every day—we honor our dear friends living at Farm Sanctuary. These survivors are ambassadors for their species, demonstrating how we can live in harmony with animals. Read on to meet some members of our Sanctuary family and learn how you can help more animals like them:
All beings are created with a mental, emotional and physical level
Without a MIND, the BRAIN of any being would not exist or function
Our MENTAL bodies (of all beings) are the NON physical and counterpart aspect of OUR BRAINS
Animals DO THINK just like humans think but in their frequency
They do not invent complex technologies but they CREATE with their minds complex structures for their nests and THINK for many other tasks or decisions.
They don’t act on pure emotion or instinct alone
They always THINK even if they not all appear so at all times
Humanity is far from discovery the complex nature of non human beings
This aspect is very important I think to reconsider by the company’s developing team, for their QUANTUM HEALING TECH for the non human beings
Even 3D SCIENCE has finally come to the realization that ANIMALS THINK, and they DO HAVE A MIND
How intelligent are animals?
They have demonstrated cognitive abilities such as causal and logical reasoning, self-recognition in mirrors, deception, symbolic communication, foresight, and tool production and use.
I highly recommend for you guys to obtain this magazine and look into the scientific based article, providing more details on this important topic
Animals are highly complex, sentient beings who are intelligent, not only emotionally and spiritually
And because we all aim to co create a peaceful, healthy, abundant and happy world, learning how the animals we domesticate for food and other uses are equally intelligent and sentient.
Our planetary LEY LINES GRID remains under constant and immense stress due to the many many slaughterhouses worldwide, which are NON coincidently placed at the LEY LINES INTERSECTIONS (planetary grid intersections) hence we aim to promote an ALTERNATIVE, CRUELTY FREE EATING and lifestyles where otherwise compassionate and intelligent humans no longer see and treat other sentient beings as commodities, as food.
The negative powers of this world literally feed themselves with such suffering energies which are also ingested by humans through our old foods.
When 1 being suffers, we ALL suffer. We are connected at all levels with all beings and part of the LIFE net.
Our suffering will end and our true healing begin, at soul level when humanity as a whole will come together and extend the same peace and compassion towards all living beings, as we need it for ourselves
We’d love to share with THE WORLD a compassionate, cruelty free lifestyle through really healthy, ecological friendly, cruelty free, countless options alternatives
WILL TUTTLE BIO WOW!!